Ever wonder how to get followers on Instagram like the pros? Follow these 5 Secret Tips:
1. Mention your “following guidelines” in your Instagram bio. Here’s an example: “Follow People Who Follow Me!” It’s important to let users know why they should follow you. If you don’t, they won’t. It’s just that simple!
2. Follow users who are likely to follow you back. Go to the explore tab of your Instagram app. It looks like a compass. Hit the magnifying glass in the upper right. Click on tags. Search for pictures containing one of the following tags:
#shoutout #shoutouts #shout #out #TagsForLikes #TFLers #shoutouter #instagood #s4s #shoutoutforshoutout #shoutout4shoutout #so #so4so #photooftheday #ilovemyfollowers #love #sobackteam #soback #follow #f4f #followforfollow #followback #followhim #followher #followall #followme #shout_out.
Locate the most recent pictures inside these tags which appear as screenshots of users’ profiles. Most recent pictures are towards the top. Choose a picture from a user’s profile which has been posted by a “shout-out” account. These accounts normally have the words “shout-out” as part of their profile name. Go into the “shout-out” account. Make sure it has less than 200 followers. Then click to view the followers. Follow as many as you can. Watch as these users start to follow you back! Repeat this process for even more followers.
3. Keep your account right-side up, not upside down. To show you know how to get followers on Instagram like the pros, you want more “followers” than “following”. Give users you follow a certain number of days to follow you back. If they don’t, you flush them. InstaFollow and JustUnfollow are two great smartphone apps which will locate and flush your unfollowers. They are both free and available in the iOS and Android market.
4. Post new pictures. Change tags on your pictures regularly. Post at least one new photo a day. Download the “TagsForLikes” or “Instatags” smartphone apps to put tags on your pictures. See the article: “How to Use Instagram: 25+1 Steps to Get 100 Likes In Just Minutes” to learn how to change your tags to get even more, new followers.
5. Use Instagram during peak traffic times. Use Statigram to find out your peak traffic times. Click on Statistics on Home Navigation menu. Then click on Optimization on the left sidebar to check out the best times to post.
Have any other tips for how to get followers on Instagram? Write your ideas in the comments section below.